First, I traced the existing front and back pieces on to paper. Then, I added two inches in length and took off two inches at the side seams from the hem of the skirt, removing 8 inches total circumference from the skirt. I blended that line up to nothing at the waist. I added less room at the fold when I cut out (recall that I graded the pattern up for the Lemon Skirt. This red skirt is something like a size 19.) I didn't do anything to alter the pockets. I sewed them from the original pattern pieces, and when it came time to attach things I lined up my notches and whatnot, cutting the side seams flush by hand.
I really like this incarnation of the pattern, and I'm already considering new directions for it. I don't, strictly speaking, have a lot of use for this skirt at the moment, but I have worn it to various client meetings and workshops. It never fails to make me feel confident and a bit smug. The picture is an example of an outfit from a real live workshop earlier this week. I also made the teal shirt under the cardi. It was my first go with knits, and more successful than I had hoped, but still a learning experience. The pattern is from New Look 6569. It's not so successful that I feel comfortable modeling without something over it, however, so you'll just have to take my word for it.
In other news, I finished up my granny squares and am now sewing them together. It's starting to look like a blanket, and I adore it more with each new row.